Friday, April 20, 2007

Welcome Sunshine

The sun is out today and weather is warm. My basement is almost dry! It should be a beautiful weekend, weatherwise. I feel as if the fog is clearing. So many things have happened; in the country, to my family, to my house. I think we can all use a pretty spring day to forget and heal.

Tomorrow is my pumpkin's 3rd birthday. Very low key this year. Gymboree for the little ones, coffee and cake for immediate family. She is so excited, it is a pleasure to watch. Life is so simple when you are 3. It warms my heart.

I have joined a ripple along and I am very excited to start a project with no deadline, that is just for my enjoyment. So excited that I ordered $120 of yarn yesterday. It was so much fun to pick the colors. I am making it very colorful! This will be a comfortghan for myself.

My swerve shawl is going to the frog pond. I substituted Lion Woolease Chunky yarn and the gauge was way off, so instead of a shawl, it is more like a curved scarf or a large collar. I love the yarn and the color, so I think I am going to try the half moon shawl.

I also received my Edgeroo, ordered some fleece so I can't wait to try it. My only concern is that the instructions say you should do it on a ceiling tile because you need something to cushion when you punch holes in the fabric. That never occurred to me and I don't have or want a ceiling tile. I will just wing it, or maybe ask around and see what others did.

I order a couple of scrapbooks and am getting closer to actually creating a layout page for some of my photos.

As you can see, I practice retail therapy. I also have crafting ADD. My daughter is always asking me why I can't wait until one project is done before I start another. I don't know why. Sometimes I think the planning and the shopping are more fun than the doing. But this is it for now. I will not plan another project until these are well on there way.

I hope I can post some pictures soon. I think the reason things are not working for me on my computer, is that I have the new Vista OS. I have heard from others that there are a lot of bugs in it. My dh comes home this weekend (he travels a lot for work) and hopefully he can make it work.

Have a great weekend all. Those of you that have this beautiful weather, I hope you get to enjoy it. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you that have lost a loved one.

No comments: