Monday, March 26, 2007

Funk Over!

I have been a very bad blogger, I know. I just could could not get out of my funk. I tried, believe me. Don't know which was worse, the weather, all of us being sick from January thru March, my little pumpkin getting pnemonia (I think that's how it is spelled) or the fact that my computer was so slow I was better off writing a letter and mailing it to all of you!

BUT, guess what??? We have all finally gotten better, the weather is warmer, and I have a new computer. We finally broke down and forked over the cash for a new one. It was hard to hand over all that $$ knowing that in a few years it will be useless again. For now, I am loving the new toy.

I have managed to crochet a few things, but even that was a struggle. I felt as if I was burned out on crochet. Now that is really a funk. I will post some pictures of my fo's as soon as I figure out how. I am now working on two baby sweaters, two toddler ponchos that were commissioned by my sister (she said "don't be afraid to charge me!", so don't worry I won't) and a baby it's cold outside sweater as a gift for a new baby. Why is it that I love to make stuff as gifts, but when it's commissioned it seems like a chore. Do any of you feel that way? Of course, I waited until the last minute to start them and now I feel rushed.

This week, if the weather is in any way decent, I plan to be outdoors with my grand daughter most of the day. I promised her we would go see the animals at the zoo and go to her favorite park and she never forgets. Plus, I need to move that body! I must lose 5 pounds before the end of April because I am going on vacation to the Bahamas and I do not plan on getting new clothes. Everything I own is so very tight, I feel like a sausage. We'll see how that works for me.

Well thanks for visiting, pictures coming soon.

2 comments:

honey said...

I feel you pain. I had to buy a new computer last month and boy did it hurt the pocketbook. I don't like windows vista want xp back. However I wanted to let you know that I go through the same thing when someone buys an item from me it feel like work,not fun. But the joy that it brings to people that receive it is worth the strugle, to get the job done. I have one question I did the BICO sweater last night I am having a problem with the buttons, what is 2tog and how do you do it. Thanks for you help will return to see you pictures.

StitchLuva and Yarn said...

honey, I have made 3 or 4 of these but I never crochet the buttons. But 2tog is you do one stitch and do not pull the yarn through the last loop. Then do the second stitch and pull yarn through both loops. I am not that good at explaining, I more of a hands on.