Monday, February 19, 2007

Is it Spring Yet!!!

It has been a long winter, even though it was relatively warm until a few weeks ago. But I feel like I have not been able to get back into the swing since the holidays. In early November, it was a mad rush to redo my house for the holidays. That combined with the holiday shopping, baking, cooking, entertaining and watching my 2 1/2 yo gd from 7am to 7pm, 5 (sometimes 6) days a week left me feeling totally wasted. I like what we did, but there are still so many little things that need to be taken care of. Then comes January - February. It seems everyone I know and love is an aquarian, including myself. So, the shopping, cooking, celebrating continues. And everyone gets sick. It feels like weeks since we were all healthy. By the time Valentines comes along, I am so over it! So this year, I did not buy or receive any Valentines gifts. And now that it's all over, I feel bad. I say this almost every year. Next year I need to keep it together until after Valentines. That is when the holidays are over for me. I did not give any handmade gifts this year so I now have to make up for it on birthdays, mothers and fathers day, etc. Wow, I am getting too old, I cannot keep up anymore.

2 comments:

Lucy said...

I am SO READY FOR SPRING!!!

Kellycat said...

Ok so you've been a bad blogger as well. Now I don't feel so bad! Where the hell is spring anyway??? This east coast weather is really getting on my nerves too!I hear that next week we will be getting some nicer weather. I'm hoping that it stays that way. Hope your busy days have calmed down.