Thursday, August 03, 2006

Finally finished something!

I have not posted a finished project in a while. I have been working on 2 patterns from crochet garden. I have to admit the first one gave me a hard time. I think it was either the yarn (I used Patons Grace) or my perception of what the halter should look like. The thing is that I could not get the gauge right. Normally I don't bother with a swatch, but since it was a halter I wanted to make sure it would not be too small. It still leaves my pumpkin a little too exposed, but in this weather, I think it will be okay. However, the second pattern was the sun dress. I love this pattern. I used some Elan Endless Summer that I had left from the sweet pea shawl I made. Of course, it was not enough and I had to get more. Luckily the dye lot matched perfectly. But I don't know what I was thinking when I calculated the yardage. I ended up ordering double what I needed! Now I have 7 skeins left and am trying to figure out what to make with it. But I think the dress came out beautiful. It is a little heavier than the pattern called for, but it has a nice drape and feels very rich. I would love to post a picture with her wearing it but I have to chase her, pin her down and then take the picture quick before she gets dirty. Hopefully I will get a photo when she wears it to go somewhere. In the meantime, here they are on there own. Pics don't really do them justice but it's the best I could do.

No comments: