Sunday, May 14, 2006

Happy Mother's Day



I made this shawl for my mom as part of her mother's day gift. I got the pattern from a wrapper on a ball of yarn, don't remember which one. t is made with lion chunky, and has a little sparkle to it. I think she will like it. I just have to convince her this is to where all the time. watching tv, or going to church or sitting outside on a cool night. For some reason, she likes to put things away in case she has a special occassion and then then only wears them once every few years!

I also found an old picture of her, her brother when they were children in Puerto Rico with her father (my grandpa). she is so little, she probably doesn't remember taking it. i sent it to be restored and blown up and framed it. I think it is going to make her cry but in a good way. I can't wait to give it to her.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms -- enjoy!

No comments: