My grand daughter is 2 1/2 and stays with me from 7 am to 7 pm. Those of you who watch little ones, know how little spare time that leaves you. And I must say she is really a handful. It seems that if I take my eyes off her for even 2 minutes, she manages to do something either dangerous or destructive or both!
I also am in the process of getting my house painted (inside and out) and my floors redone. I decided to take the plunge and really add some bold colors. I am so bored with the neutrals but that means that I need new carpets in 2 rooms, new curtains throughout, comforter in the bedroom and slipcovers in the living room (to go with the new paint). AND I want this done before Christmas. AND my husband who usually does most of the labor has informed me that he will be traveling on business a lot between now and December so I need to hire contractors.
So needless to say, I have not been posting much lately.
I am working a few projects, since I crochet at night while watching TV.
Here is a list of my WIPs:
- a sweet pea shawl for my sister's co-worker which she wants for Christmas (of course!).
- a cardigan to go with the sundress from crochet garden for my grand daughter because if I wait until next spring, the dress may not fit her so she needs a cardigan to to with it
- a baby it's cold outside sweater for my grand daughter and a matching hat
- a flower shawl for my friend's birthday in December
- a ripple afghan for my nephew for Christmas
- and I have a few projects that are no longer wips but ufos
I still need to make a list of what I will make as Christmas gifts. But since time is not on my side, I think I am going to cut the list down to just those that are special enough and really appreciate a hand made gift.
I am looking forward to Halloween this year because my little pumpkin is now old enough to enjoy it. She is currently in love with Cinderella and tells me every day that she needs a Cinderella dress. She has no idea that I have one in the closet. I can't wait to give it to her but I need to wait until Halloween is a little closer because once she sees it she will not take it off!
Well thanks for visiting. I hope to have some pictures next time I post.